Sunday, September 16, 2007

No Worries!

For those that wonder if you can knit a pair of socks using 1 hank of Sock That Rock lightweight yarn (360 yds)- I am living proof that it is possible. You can see that I had plenty left over. Here are the results:



Maybe it wouldn't be enough for a fancy pattern - but it sure wasn't an issue for plain stockinette. I knit a gusset followed by a short row heel - per Cookie's patterns on Knitty Gritty.

I'm hoping that the yarn softens up some after I wash them. It is much stiffer than any of the sock yarns I've used up till now. On the other hand - the plies didn't separate at all which made it easier to knit.

So now that I have knit two pairs of Toe Up socks (and found them a lot easier and better fitting) - I am going to put my sock addiction aside and start my Hanne Mermaid. I have added blog buttons with links on the right side of my blog.

I also joined the Eunny Yang Autumn Rose KAL. Such a pretty interpretation of fair isle. I will get to that one day too!



Dogs are barking at me to pay more attention to them! See ya!

No comments: