Saturday, September 22, 2007

Can I do this?

I am slowly getting thru the first rows of my Hanne Falkenberg Mermaid (number 3) - but I'm wondering if I'm smart enough to do this! The yarn is gorgeous (the turquoise has flecks of green) and the fabric resembles boiled wool:



But the pattern is not clear at all. Lots of "AT THE SAME TIME" sections. And she doesn't tell you when to start counting where to start the decreases.

I thankfully have the spreadsheet that Amy did for the KAL - but that is for size medium and I am trying to adapt it for size small. So I need to first understand why Amy did what she did in order to modify it. I'm spending hours just figuring out the pattern.

I know this is worth it.. after all this I will definitely make more of these- but I sure wish Hanne was more prolific!

Here is the long first edge.. this is knit from left to right all in one piece except for the sleeves




I think I can , I think I can, I know I can , I know I can.... I hope I can, I hope I can..

I also ordered one of these in burgundy this week along with extra inserts.

I only knit with circulars and DPNS and they are all over the place in their original plastic for fear that I will not be able to tell the difference between a 3.25 mm Addi and a 3.5 mm Addi. So I have decided I need to get organized. Love this bag.

May post tomorrow or not.. depends on whether I completely destroy this pattern. Say a prayer!

No comments: