Sunday, March 2, 2008

Embossed Leaves are off the needles!

Yes - I finished something.. Well maybe I still need to weave in some loose yarn but it feels like I finished something. My Embossed Leaves Socks in Dream in Color Smooshy. Ta da!



And a closeup:



I love these! I've been wondering why some bloggers say this is a fast knit but it has taken me 2 months to finish these. I think part of it (in addition to the fact that I knit slowly and don't have much time to knit) is that I did it with fingering weight yarn on size 1 needles. I know - I'm making excuses but I am constantly impressed on how much knitting other bloggers accomplish. Then again - I also worked on my Southwest cardigan in between socks.

So - my next goal is to finish my Hanne Mermaid. Only one sleeve to go and then the finishing. I'm going to set a goal to finish it by the end of March. I think that is realistic. Then I will finish my Southwest my the middle of May. Right?

I have a day off tomorrow. Have a doctor appt at 9AM but plan to get a good start on the Mermaid sleeve. It will feel good to work with larger needles again.

Have a great week!

No comments: