Sunday, February 24, 2008

Its a winner!

Well - I haven't posted for a week partly because I wasn't feeling well, partly because I was down about something that happened at work, partly because I was feeling like I wasn't making much progress on anything.. but all that has changed (well maybe not the work thing).

I feel a lot better and here is the completed body tube for my Philosopher's Wool Southwest cardigan!



It took a lot longer than I expected. Its bigger than my Traditional - because I made the sleeves too wide at the top (10 inches) and I didn't start the armholes soon enough. I had to keep going until I knit 10.5 inches above the start of the armhole steek. Here is a better photo of the top:



And you can see how the stripes at the top will coordinate with the stripes at the tops of the sleeves:



I'm pleased. I plan to put the stitches on waste yarn so it will be easier to sew the steeks and then do a 3 needle bind off at the shoulders. The pattern doesn't say to do that - but I think that is what I did for my Traditional.

And you ask how I add a neckline? With the PW method.. you sew an oval where you want it to fall and then cut the yarn above the sew line. So easy.

And the sink hole has been repaired! Life is improving.

My next goal is finish the second Embossed Leave sock. Then the Mermaid.. Then I will come back and do all the work for the Southwest. My sister and I plan to do the Antique Lace vest for the summer so I better get busy. But for now - my hands need a rest.

No comments: