Sunday, November 30, 2008

Bye Bye Cable Needle!



Ahhh.. I finished the last of the cabling on my Jo Sharp Wrap Sweater. Bye bye cable needle - I am not going to miss you at all. You just slow me down. Maybe one day I will learn to do cables without a cable needle.

Here are the finished sleeves (I'm so glad I did both at the same time):



Now I have to block it, seam it up, then do a bunch of ribbing which sounds wonderful to me right now. But I think its time for a break. I probably won't get to any of that until Xmas break. Here's a photo of the 5 pieces. This is such a big sweater it wouldn't all fit into one photo!



I have had a really good Thanksgiving week off. But I'm also recovering from an allergic reaction to Zyrtec (actually happened twice before I figured out the source). Woke up with my face and eyes swollen and on fire. No breathing problems so I decided to treat it on my own. I can't take hydrocortisone so the first 5 days I used antibiotic ointment, Benadryl cream, and aloe vera gel. That helped but it wasn't going away 100%. I still looked like I had a bad sunburn. Yesterday I did some googling and found Aquaphor Healing Ointment (by Eucerin). Geezz.. this is a miracle cream. I guess it is mostly used for diaper rashes - but its fabulous for adult rashes too. And a big jar is only $9 at Walgreens. I am using it over Oil of Olay Sensitive moisturizer. The red is almost gone. I'm still a little itchy but I think the worse is over. I look human again.

Have a good week!

No comments: