Sunday, November 9, 2008

I actually finished something.

With my new found enthusiasm for life (yes I have been half braindead for the last few months) - I actually finished something. Well - maybe half of it anyway. Here is the finished sock made of the Knitterly cashmere/merino blend in autumn:



I love the yarn but as I thought - it's not very elastic. In fact I struggled to get it on my foot:



I'm hoping - with my sock blocker - it will stretch some. It really is so autumny!

And - I only have 21 rows to go to finish the back of my wrap cardigan:



This is the longest sweater I've ever knit. But it will be nice when its done.

My weekend has been productive. Not just knitting - I raked 8 bags of leaves from my backyard.. I have this huge backyard since I'm at the end of a cul-de-sac (pie shaped yard). So at least now I can find the dog poop. I will need to do more raking before the season is over, but I put in a good dent.

Plus I bought myself a treat. The pattern and yarn for this:



Love it, love it, love it. I think some of my boredom with my wrap cardigan is the monotonous single color. I have been using variegated yarns or doing fairisle a lot lately and the wrap is so blue.. only blue. At any rate - a fairisle appeals to me a lot right now. But I promise, I will finish the wrap. Maybe...

I also have a new pet. Her name is Minnie and she is the smartest mouse in the world. She has managed to evade 3 regular traps (with peanut butter put out three times), 2 no-kill traps, and a homemade trap. I am very impressed.

If you notice, I haven't mentionned anything about the election. I didn't vote for Obama but I do hope he is a good president. Our country needs help and we cannot afford a bad one. So we shall see what happens. His chief of staff sure is cute.

No comments: