Sunday, April 1, 2007

The Joys of Home Ownership!

I'm not going to bore you with another photo of sleeve 2. Guess what - it looks just like sleeve 1!! I'm on row 68 out of 75 and then I do a fold line and a bunch of purl rows.

I would have finished it by now but "nature calls". That doesn't have anything to do with my bathroom habits - but its my garden. I have a huge backyard which needs a lot of work every spring. This AM - I bought 6 big bags of mulch - and spent a couple of hours pulling out the weeds (aka grass) that I didnt' bother pulling last fall I applied half the mulch and will do my other flower beds next week. Then I have to fertilize everything. Sigh. My oldest sister is a big garden afficionado - I used to love it too but lately - with so little time to knit at work - I resent that it gets in the way of my first love.

So that's my excuse this week. That plus working thru 3 out of 5 lunch breaks last week. Its so hard to take a break when I'm not going to make a deadline. On the other hand - when the deadlines become unrealistic - why bother killing myself to make them.

Did anyone see "Elvis" last night on Showtime? Its the same guy who is playing Henry VII on the new Showtime "The Tudors" series that starts tonight - Jonathan Rhys Meyers. Wow - is he gorgeous and he was "Elvis" in the movie. I enjoyed it last night and plan to DVR "The Tudors" starting tonight.

And so it continues.. I will get the sleeve done this week - and then the question is - do I have to dedication to do all the finishing. You see - as The Yarn Harlot says in her latest book (which I notice has MY St Moritz sweater on the cover) - there are two kinds of knitters - process and product. I am definitely a process knitter - I love the movements - the feel of the yarn - and creating a finished product that I can wear is not a high priority. Its something that just gets in the way of my being able to knit again. And please don't tell me to do both at the same time. I don't have enough time to do one of them!

Have a great week!
Ricki

No comments: