Sunday, October 5, 2008

Hoping I'm back next week..

It has been a hard week for me. We found out on Wed that the CWA union didn't approve their tentative contract agreement. so - here we go again. They are going back to negotiations this Thurs. If they don't reach an agreement by Friday midnight - they may go on strike and I will need to work 12 hr days/7 days a week in Salt Lake City. Waaahh... I thought this was all behind me. This also costs me $500/week in pet sitting expenses (non expensible).. So I have been trying not to think about it but its the white elephant in the room.

On Sat - I decided to finish my first Monkey sock. Counted my stitches and I was short one stitch. Found it WAAAAYYY down - about 30 rows. I really tried to pick it up but the stitches are so small - I finally gave up. Then I realized that frankly I didn't like the socks. I don't like to knit cuff down, it was too busy, and I wasn't looking forward to doing sock 2 anyway.

So - its gone! hah!

And I started my personal recipe for a toe up sock - using The Knittery Merino Cashmere yarn (4 ply) - in Autumn. LOVE the color, the yarn is a little splitty but I am liking it so much more than the Monkey.. here is the start (there is more green in the yarn than shows - but you get the idea):



And today I completed the first repeat for the back of my Jo Sharp wrapped cardigan:



I will get more done after I finish the blog.

I also did a lot of reading this week. Read all of "Gone But Not Forgotten" by Phillip Margolin - and older book but very good. Too bad it isn't available for the Kindle. I realized I don't like to turn pages.. hah!

Well - it may be awhile before I'm back again. This is the pits. If I'm home I promise I will be in a better mood next week.

No comments: