Sunday, August 24, 2008

Bees are off the needles!

I did it! I did it! Just finished binding off my Beehive Shawl. That was a lot of knitting. Still need to block it and graft the cast-on stitches (I will do that over Labor Day weekend) but here she is:



And a closeup of the last section:



I'm very proud of myself. I learned a lot of new things with this shawl including endurance.

I also started my first pair of Monkey socks. I agree with the others who say it looks a lot more complicated than it is. Very easy. Love the color combos too:



So - what now. I don't have the yarn yet to make the Starmore Oregon. I am thinking about doing this from Jo Sharp Contemporary Knitting Two:



I have enough really soft Cascade 220 in a clear blue to make it. It will be a good break from the lace. I'm all laced out!

Been watching all the crazies in Denver for the convention. I drive past Pepsi Center on the way to work everyday. Nahhh!!

No comments: