Sunday, July 20, 2008

I Love Lucy, But....

I don't know if I'm more upset with Lucy Neatby for creating such different dyelots, or the vendor who sold me two different dyelots in a "kit", or me for not knitting from alternative skeins.. but the bottom line is this:



Yep - my Tidal Streams is toast. I finished one skein (very pastelly), started the second one and even tho it is still Aquamarine.. the colors are bright. Not even close. Here is the culprit:



Can you tell it is bright (I confess I putzed with the computer to make the photo brighter but it was very noticeable in the fabric)? I hoped maybe it was just one section, but no.. the last 6 inches of my stole were definitely different. If I adored garter stitch that much I would have selvaged it but to be honest, I didn't like it that much. Not enough to knit it a second time. I will use the second skein for socks tho.

What can I say? I'm a klutz, Lucy isn't consistent, and the seller needs to be more careful putting their kits together. Sigh.. back to the bees..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Ricki, I would notify the seller of that yarn. This shouldn't have happened unless they told you to alternate the skeins. If you expected matched dye lots, you should have had them.

Judy

RickiLynn said...

Hi,

I was looking around the internet and I actually think I bought the yarn on Ilga's website.. sigh.. Oh well. The pattern does say to alternate the skeins so since she wrote the pattern - I guess she did tell me.

Ricki