Sunday, July 13, 2008

I'm Home!

I am back home again. Arrived yesterday. So today has been my "Saturday" and I am taking tomorrow off as my "Sunday". Need to get to know my pets again. Hah!

I had a great trip. The humidity is hard on me but I loved the lush green everywhere.

I finished my first "recipe" sock and today I started the second. But I knit mostly on my Tidal Streams.. Here is where I am today - finished 11 out of 16 repeats:



And a closeup of the border:



And the edge where I stopped today:



The pattern was easy after I realized she had included the errata page with the pattern. I had looked online and hadn't found one so I assumed the pattern was without errors. Silly me. Oh well - I guess I deserve that for not reading the whole pattern.

And my sister and I did some yarn store hopping. I bought this incredible black (or very dark grey) alpaca sport weight yarn. It is so soft I cannot believe it. Not sure yet what I will do with it . I also bought some Noro Silk Garden Lite.. it is so pretty.

I also used my Namaste Peacock Laguna as my bag/tote. Wonderful bag and made it so easy to knit on the plane. The bad news is that I also bought a medium GoKnit Pouch and proceeded to leave it on the plane. I hope a knitter finds it!

Its good to be back though. I missed my pets. Have a great week!

No comments: