Sunday, October 21, 2007

One of those days...

Well I had just completed the striped section and the first hem gusset after the back neck gusset - counted my stitches and Waaahhh... I had two extra stitches. I ripped out the gusset and I still had the wrong stitch count. Then I noticed the bottom of the striped section before the gusset.. it was angling out. So - I had to rip out 4 stripe ridges too. How I did that I don't have a clue but I have been watching movies all day and knitting and apparently didn't pay enough attention. Sigh..

Oh well - I would have had more progress to show you but I don't.. Here is where I am now:



And a closeup of the back neck gusset - very pretty:



So - I'm a little further than yesterday but not much. Some days aren't good knitting days. I have revised the pattern up to row 608 (730 total) - so I do see the light at the end of the tunnel patternwise. I do still need to do the sleeves but how hard can they be? I probably shouldn't ask.

Have a better day than me!

2 comments:

Sheryl said...

How is your knitting coming along? The sweater you're working on is beautiful!
It's chilly here today so I'm going to work on my sweater!(mine is much more simple!)
My sock is at the turing of the heel so it's coming along, even if I haven't knitting much this week. Still recovering from surgery, but I'm definetly on the downhill swing of it!

RickiLynn said...

I am progressing slowly. Had to do more ripping out on Thursday. I can repair in the middle of the row but seem to have problems at the ends which are "fancier". Also this yarn is sticky which makes it hard to repair.

I think I will get the body done in a couple of weeks and then I'm going to take a break and do my first toe-up patterned socks.

Hope your recovery goes well Sheryl. I had double mastectomies 3 yrs ago. It really wasn't that bad. The worst part were the pain meds they gave me which made me feel weird. Once I stopped them I was fine! LOL!