Sunday, July 1, 2007

Number two shows improvement!

Even though I had to work the toe of the first sock twice (it was too short) - I'm pleased with the final result. I think the fabric using size US 1 (2.25 mm) is much better suited to socks. Ta-da!



So - I really wanted to get a better idea on how much yarn it took - I weighed what was left and figured I had used up a little more than a third of the skein (460 yds originally) - so I figure I needed about 153 yds. I can surely get a pair of socks out of 360 yds. That is reassuring. And I think the next time I want the leg a bit higher.

I also realized I could chew up yarn in order to start the second pair at the same point as the first.. which I did .. and here is the beginning of the second pair:



Not bad.. not bad at all.

But to be honest - its getting kinda hard having to frog and redo these socks to fit my weird feet (my toes are about 2.5 inches long and with the number of stitches I am using. I run out of stitches before I run out of toe. I also don't like the pointy end - I may try to find something more rounded.

And maybe its time to try something with more of a pattern. I bought some neat Opal Crazy yarn which looks like fun to knit. But then there's Kauni. One of these days I will make a dent in my stash. Maybe when I retire?

I will blog more this week with my time off.
Ricki

No comments: